I have moved my cooking and recipe blog to PaleoTraveler.com!
My cooking passion is growing and to not takeaway from my mission at InspireHappy, a health and fitness site, I’ve decided to give my paleo-food-love its own site!
The newer recipes below will lead you to my new site, but some of the older recipes will still be on this blog. Also, some of the older recipes may not fall in line with Primal guidelines, but they are Metabolic Typing Diet approved.
Quickly, hear are the five main points you should know regarding the recipes on my Paleo Traveler blog:
1. I believe in the Metabolic Typing Diet macronutrient ratios which are:
- Protein Type: 70% proteins & fats (40/30) / 30% carbohydrates
- Carbohydrate Type: 60% carbohydrates / 40% proteins & fats (25/15)
- Mix-Type: 50% carbohydrates / 50% proteins & fats (30/20)
2. When choosing my macronutrient foods I use the Primal Blueprint guidelines which are:
- Protein from animal meat, nut, and seeds
- Carbohydrates from fruits, vegetables, and low-glycemic index starches and pseudocereals
- Fat from animals, nuts, and seeds
3. I try to live within these guidelines 80% of the time, because sometimes I may want:
- White rice with my adobo. There I said it!
4. I love to specialize in adapting and reworking old-world and international recipes that customarily used “not-so-healthy” ingredients and flip them into neoPaleo!
“Old World” defined as that part of the world that was known before the discovery of the Americas, comprising Europe, Asia, and Africa; the eastern hemisphere.
“International” defined as everywhere else… leaving no pot lid unopened! ^_^
5. When it is available, I try to buy grass-fed, free range, organic, sustainable, and locally grown farm food; certainly no GMO. Click and read why and what are the most GMO products!
- Breakfast Recipes for Champions! The recipe for my famous fiberlicious pancakes is in this post!
- Open-face Tuna Melt on Rye
- BBQ Pork Ribs with Sweet Potato Fries and Sweet Pepper Peach Spinach Salad
- Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Creamy Tomato Soup
- Protein Style Turkey Burger with Sweet Potato Fries and Sweet & Spicy Pickled Cucumber Chips
- Zesty Steak, Barley & Portobello Salad
- Chicken in Rice (Arroz Caldo) with Braised Brussels Sprout
- Chicken Shish Kebab on Kale & Quinoa
- Almond Pesto Baked Chicken over Pear & Spinach Salad
- Inside-Out Stuffed Kale
- Crispy Fried Chicken, Butternut Squash & Spinach Fritter with Creamy Cranberry Sauce
- Almond Tomato Pesto Spaghetti Squash with Grilled Chicken
- Chicken with Brussels Sprouts & Baby Courgette with Pesto Recipe
- Chicken Adobo with Baby Potatoes & Banana Side
- Southwestern Steak Salad with Orange Vinaigrette Recipe
- Italianesque Stuffed Acorn Squash
- Sweet & Savory Chicken Stir-Fry
- Georgian Pecan-crusted Trout with Brussels & Potato Medley and Watermelon & Cucumber Salad
- Braised Pork Chops with Apples and New Potatoes Braised in Sour Cream
- Steamed Salmon & Asparagus in Spinach and Tarragon Sauce
- Butternut Squash Moussaka
- Stuffed Cabbage
- Crock-pot Pomegranate Pork with Savory Sweet Potato
- Poached Fish with Mango Chutney
- Chicken Bahian Style
- Chicken & Zucchini Parmesan
- Moldavian Fish Casserole
- Jambalaya with Cauliflower Rice
- Chicken Croquettes over String Bean, Almond, and Garlic Sauce
- Spaghetti Meat Sauce with Spaghetti Squash
- Baked Salmon with Broccoli & Egg in Lemon Sauce
- Braised Chilean Pork Chops with Sweet Potato Fries and Hot Pickled Cucumber Salad
- Filipino Tinola: Chicken, Chayote Squash, and Spinach Soup
- Spicy Beef and Vegetable Stew
- Cajun Style Fried Tomato Turkey Burger with Fixin’s
- “Breaded” Pork Chop with Sweet Thyme Potatoes