Also called: Svinina s Yablokami v Pive y Molodaya Kartoshka Tushonaya v Smetane
By the way, in Russian, “v Pive” means in beer, but instead I used organic 100% apple juice. Yes, this dish takes way more than 30 minutes to prepare, but I’m not complaining because this dish, this scrumptious meal, left me and my BF in a state of euphoria, with a sense of deep satisfaction with life– in effect, glow-bugs!
On the menu:
What you need:
- 6 pork loin chops
- 1/2 tsp grated ginger
- 3 tbs butter
- 1 1/2 tsp of garbanzo bean flour (good source of protein and fiber)
- 1 cup organic 100% apple juice
- pinch of sugar
- 3 cloves
- 1 onion sliced into rings ( I used shallots)
- 1 tart apple sliced in rings
- 1 1/2 tsp of dark brown sugar
- new potatoes (little size potatoes)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 can organic chicken broth low sodium
- 1 tbs chopped garlic
- 1 cup chopped dill
- sea salt
- fresh pepper
Here is how it all went down and how it will all be ready at the same time if you cook by numbers 😉
- prep pork chops by rubbing ginger, salt, pepper then sprinkle with garbanzo flour
- next use iron skillet that can be used in the oven, and melt 2 tbs of butter
- use medium size pot and parboil potatoes in water and salt (about 8 minutes)
- place pork chops on skillet 5 minutes each side to brown
- remove pork chops from skillet and set aside, in same skillet add 1 cup apple juice, cloves, pinch of sugar and bring to boil
- preheat oven 325 degrees
- drain potatoes then add chicken broth, sour cream, to bring to boil, then put in low simmer till tender (30-40 minutes)
- place pork chops back in skillet, cover and place in oven for 20 minutes
- in separate little skillet, place 1 tbs butter and brown onions, set aside
- this would be a good time to: cut apple slices in circles, chop dill, and do some cleaning up so you’re not left with crazy amount of dishes…
- now remove cover on pork chops and place slice apples and onions on each chop and pour over some of the sauce and place back into the oven for another 20 minutes, once in while pouring sauce over chops and apples
- 5 minutes before potatoes done, add chopped garlic
- put oven on broil
- remove pork chops from oven, sprinkle brown sugar over chops and apples and place in broiler for few minutes till glazed
- turn off potatoes, do quick mash, to break apart potatoes, mix in dill
- plate pork chops and potatoes and pour over a little of sauce and serve– divine!
I hope you feel the same way we did after this meal… love.
The macronutrient ratios for the Metabolic Typing Types:
Protein Type: 70% proteins & fats (40/30) / 30% carbohydrates
Carbohydrate Type: 60% carbohydrates / 40% proteins & fats (25/15)
Mix-Type: 50% carbohydrates / 50% proteins & fats (30/20)
*In General: Protein Types should avoid Gluten, Protein & Mix-Types should have high fiber, low-to-medium starch carbs, and sprouted grains.
*There is no calorie counting in the Metabolic Typing Diet. Reason being, if you eat for your body type, your body will know when to stop. No over-eating. No cravings. No depriving.
*When it is available, try to buy grass-fed, free range, organic, and sustainable, local farm grown food; certainly no GMO. Click and read why and what are the most GMO products!
Go buy The Metabolic Typing Diet book and take the test to find out what you are!
Comments are cool! Recipes rock! So share and do both below!