It’s Friday! Woohoo! And I’m home so spontaneously blogging about my lunch!
Just a quick reminder of the macronutrient ratios for the Metabolic Typing Types:
Protein Type: 70% proteins & fats (40/30) / 30% carbohydrates
Carbohydrate Type: 60% carbohydrates / 40% proteins & fats (25/15)
Mix-Type: 50% carbohydrates / 50% proteins & fats (30/20)
*In General: Protein Types should avoid Gluten, Protein & Mix-Types should have high fiber, low-to-medium starch carbs, and sprouted grains.
*There is no calorie counting in the Metabolic Typing Diet. Reason being, if you eat for your body type, your body will know when to stop. No over-eating. No cravings. No depriving.
Go buy The Metabolic Typing Diet book and take the test to find out what you are!
What you need:
- albacore white tuna – choose sustainable if it’s available 😉
- whole rye bread (Mestamacher whole rye bread)
- olive-oil mayonnaise
- I like Spectrum Naturals Organic Olive Oil Mayonnaise because soybean and canola oil based mayo is bad for you (READ WHY), and because who can live without mayo?
- If you’re adventurous click here for a video and recipe to make your own coconut mayo OR olive oil mayo!
- organic sweet relish
- organic cheddar cheese
- virgin coconut oil *click here for offer on buy 1 get 1 free at Tropical Traditions- that’s $25.00 savings! *Ends 9/22/11
- fresh pepper
Put it together:
In a mixing bowl mix tuna, mayo, relish, and freshly ground pepper for bite!
Spread nice layer of coconut oil on rye bread or just put the coconut oil on skillet and swirl the bread on the pan- make your day interesting!
Place good amount of tuna on bread and place cheese on top. Cook slowly with low flame so not to burn the bread but enough to the melt the cheese!
Now learn what happens to your food after you swallow it, and why I make sure I only eat low to medium starch carbohydrates after lunch!
Comments are cool! Recipes rock! So share and do both below!