This blog is two parts, Part 1, is dedicated to my reader Eva and Part 2, is dedicated to my reader Van! Thanks for reading my blog and watching my videos!!!
Part 1: Top 5 Benefits of Stretching are:
5. Increase blood circulation. Stretching tight muscles will bring more blood to the area increasing circulation and will also provide more oxygen and nutrients to the muscle.
4. Excellent de-stressor. Stretching, specifically, static stretching (holding a stretch for more than 30 seconds) not only may calm the mind, it may also release hormones that promote well being, balancing mood and anxiety levels.
3. Promote relaxation. Stretching may provide relief to aches and pains such as headaches, back aches, and general fatigue therefore promoting relaxation.
2. Improve sleeping patterns. Because of Benefits 3 & 4, stretching may also improve sleep patterns. Use yourself as a guinea pig and try the stretch series below as a night cap!
1. Sustain and increase flexibility. As we learned in one of my recent posts, if we don’t use our flexibility, we will lose it. Refresh your memory here on why we have to keep moving and stretching.
Here is a stretch series that can be done after a workout or before going to bed. Note: Static stretches should only be done on a “warm” body, .i.e. after exercise or late in the evening when you have been running about all day. Put on relaxing music you like and enjoy!
Stretch Series – hold poses for 30 seconds or more.
- Rest pose
- Back bend
- Downward dog
- IT stretch RT
- Hip flexor RT
- Side bend LT
- Forward bend LT
- IT stretch LT
- Hip flexor LT
- Side bend RT
- Forward bend RT
- Double leg stretch
- Spine twist RT/LT
- Neck stretch
- Shoulder rolls
Watch over 50 free videos at my Youtube Channel InspireHappy!
TNT! (Till Next Tuesday=)
Comments are cool! Kindly, leave them below! Thank you!