5. Ingesting high fiber-foods can aid in weight management because insoluble fiber moves faster in your intestines signaling your brain that you are full. When sitting down to have a meal, not only look to see if you have the correct ratio of protein, carbs, to fat, but also to see that you are getting a generous portion of fiber rich foods. High fiber foods generally fall in the low-to-medium starch carbohydrates which are low in the GI Index and provide long lasting energy for your body.
4. Enjoying a high-fiber diet will keep you regular reducing constipation. With less constipation, you will stave off the bloating and irritability that comes with it. Being regular is a good thing because you are aiding your body in getting rid of the waste that your body does not need. Have you ever witnessed a backed-up sewer line? Not a pretty sight.
3. Insoluble fiber (fiber you can’t digest) acts like a scrub brush, cleansing your colon naturally from bacteria and other build-up reducing your risk of colon cancer. Forget enemas, they are unnecessary and some may argue dangerous. Imagine taking out all the good bacteria along with the bad– you will basically leave yourself open to disease and infection. Cleanse your body naturally by increasing your fiber intake which will provide the good bacteria, the naturally occurring intestinal flora in your body a clean place to work to maintain balanced body conditions. Additionally, a diet that includes insoluble fiber has been associated with a reduced risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
2. Soluble Fiber (fiber that breaks down) slows the rate that sugar is absorbed in the bloodstream keeping your insulin levels steady. Insulin levels that spike up from too much sugar in the blood is not only a harbinger for unwanted disease, but the crash down leaves you tired and even more hungry for sugar. If you want to aid your body in keeping your insulin levels balanced, stay away from fiber-less foods, i.e. any type of fast food (except salads). Fast food needs to be stored, in order to do that the fiber must be removed.
1. Soluble fiber is necessary to move unwanted cholesterol and bile (HDL (good) moves LDL (bad) to your liver which creates the bile that breaks down fat) out of your body. If you don’t eat enough fiber, the bile that helps break down your fats will be recycled back into your body. That’s gross.
Mull over this…
As cave men we supposedly ate 200-300 grams of fiber a day, now we barely get 15. The experts say get at least 25 grams; I say aim for higher, personally I don’t think you can overdo fiber.
Get friendly with fiber and your body will enjoy the fringe benefits!
Comments are cool! Kindly, leave them below! Thank you!